Can I Sell My San Antonio House In Foreclosure?
Do you have a San Antonio TX house that’s right now in foreclosure? Many homeowners going through the Texas foreclosure process want to get out from under that burdensome house quickly and easily and are wondering if they can even sell the house in foreclosure. The quick answer is: yes. The long answer however: it is just a little more complicated, but usually you can almost always sell your property prior to foreclosure. The sooner you start the better. By starting early you have a much better chance of beating the bank and saving your credit.
Selling Your San Antonio House In Foreclosure – How it Works
There are a lot of people in San Antonio who have faced bank foreclosure in the recent years. Since the impact and the changes in the economy, a lot of banks have been altering the way in which they handle foreclosures.
Remember, the bank that carries your mortgage doesn’t want to see your home abandoned or auctioned. It means more headaches and less money in their pocket. The bank will make the largest amount of money by helping you to avoid foreclosure by selling your property. However, working with banks throughout any part of the foreclosure process can be a major pain in the you know what. Over a number years of messing with banks to help stop the foreclosure process, we have picked up a handful of ways that we can help you.
So can I sell my San Antonio house in foreclosure?
Working With Banks During The Foreclosure Process
- Always over-communicate with the bank (but try not to be annoyiong). Call them routinely with updates and demonstrate to them what you’re doing to help get the property sold.
- Don’t miss deadlines. If anything will be late, please take the time to call them with advance notice.
- Remember that bankers are people too. Don’t be overly emotional or dramatic, but be honest explaining your situation while demonstrating your inetnt to fix all the problems to make it right goes a long way when working with a bank while in foreclosure.
- Start keeping careful records of every conversation you have with the bank. Nothing counts unless it is in writing. Make sure to keep track of each person you speak with, what they said, and any promises made.
- Explore all your options, including short sale, loan modifications, and bankruptcy. Depending on the details of your personal situation, you may be able to dramatically slow down the foreclosure process with enough effort. Each bank has its own policies to help borrowers avoid foreclosure.
- Don’t wait. Unfortunately, time is not on your side. The further behind you become on payments, the less options are available to you.
If you’re looking to sell your San Antonio house in foreclosure fast, call us now.
Call (210) 802-8153
We specialize in helping homeowners in situations including foreclosure around San Antonio and throughout the entire state of Texas get out of difficult situations and avoid foreclosure. In many circumstances we are able to negotiate directly with the bank for you to reduce the debt you owe and (sometimes) we can even help you walk away from your property extra cash in your pocket.
If you need to sell a property near San Antonio TX, we can help you today.
We buy houses San Antonio
Give us a call at (210) 802-8153 anytime